Friday 13 June 2014

Summer Workshop Take l...

It has been too long since I did a workshop at home. Other work commitments, kid commitments, life, the universe, everything was in the way, but I had arranged 2 for this summer and the first of which was yesterday reminded me just how much I love doing them.

I had the best group of ladies here yesterday. First of all there was my Bee buddy Di. It was fantastic to meet Di and despite her insistence that she couldn't draw she produced a fab leaf design (bottom right) that she was quite rightly proud of.


Two lovely ladies came from down the road in Doncaster. I had met Rebecca when we had both exhibited at BCTF and she brought along her friend Tina. The final lady that made up the foursome was Maya, all the way from Copenhagen! I was beyond flattered that Maya and her hubby planned a little Yorkshire mini break around my workshop...praise indeed! Maya and I had been chatting over IG and it was just wonderful to have her here in my home at a workshop.

The day was just perfect...enthusiastic and talented ladies...beautiful weather so we could lunch on the deck...just the perfect way to spend a day. I think they all went away feeling like they had had a good successful time and I'm watching keenly to see how their screen printing progresses after the workshop and the fact that they all went home with a copy of my book!



6 comments:

lindsey said...

It certainly looks like you had a great time!

Catherine said...

Looks like a great day

Nicky said...

Yes lots of screen printing to come from your students I'm sure!

Wendy said...

That's Di! Isn't she the loveliest woman you ever met? I hadn't though of doi g one of your workshops as i thought it might be too far... now I'm reconsidering....

Di said...

It was a truly inspirational and fun day. Thank you for such a brilliant course and copious cups of tea and coffee. I was amazed by what I produced during such a short time. Thank you Karen.
Di x

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Looks like a wonderful day for all!