Thursday 28 February 2013

a fabric kinda week...

it's been one of those weeks...
a fabric kinda week...
the best kinda weeks ;-)

first up, i had a delivery of delicious green konas from the village haberdashery (more on what they are for another time...unless you follow me on IG...and then you will know)

second up, some scrumptious oakshotts that have been made into something for a commission - again more about that another time.


also this week i had delivery of several fabrics from 2 new collections that i think rate as 2 of my all time favourites. they are so beautiful.
firstly i ordered a couple from the much (by me) awaited new Cloud 9 collection - Tsuru by Rashida Coleman-Hale. boy is it beautiful. 
the bottom one is to make some pj bottoms for moi and the top is a little extra sneaky peak. i think i am going to be needing a lot more of these as well as the others in the collection.

finally but by no means least, by sheer quantity, let alone sheer beauty are these little bolts (there really isn't a lot of fabric on a bolt...ahem) of beyond stunning Architextures by Carolyn Friedlander. if i could have done i would have taken these to bed with me last night...

i know this appears like a lot of fabric, but it is necessary, all has a purpose, all is already cut into...as i said...all necessities.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a gorgeous selection of fabrics!! I wouldn't even know where to start with that pile - but patting it, repeatedly, sounds like a start! I'm on a strict fabric diet, so I love living through everyone else's purchases!!

Charlotte said...

I'm not sure you have quite enough ;-)

Di said...

Beautiful necessities! Di x

Nicky said...

Haha Charlotte ! I'm guessing she has just had a delivery even bigger than yours! It all looks gorgeous and won't you want to swan around in those PJ pants!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love your 'It's going to become jama bottoms' fabric! Is this what your aunt brought over or am I way behind?!

lamina@do a bit said...

Ha ha ha you do make me laugh!!! Yes I know the feeling of wanting to take fabric to bed! I don't blame you at all :)


Kay said...

Just gorgeous. Also, seriously, there is never a need in my book to justify fabric buying. I have plenty of fabric that I just look at, and may one day consider cutting into.

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

I love that you're at least still trying to justify it, is it bad that i've even given up that?! Loving the Oakshots, got the fabric wanties!