Sunday 2 October 2011

It was the Reetsweet Fair at the Leeds Corn Exchange today...

You know what they say...Location,Location, Location...

...and this sure is one of the best locations for a fair that I have ever been to.
The Corn Exchange has had a revamp in recent years and it really is a stunning building.

It hosts one of my favourite restaurants in Leeds, occupying the whole of the ground floor and with views up to the entire building, it really is a beauty of a place.

Consequently, it lends itself as a craft fair venue. It's such a beautiful setting for visitors to wander around and what better place is there for exhibitors to show off their wares?

To be honest, I have done better fairs in terms of sales. I have been places with a better footfall. That aside and for all the reasons above it was a good fair.
I met some great people, particularly one lovely lady that announced excitedly "I know you, I read your blog!" She was very excited to see my things in the flesh and couldn't resist one of my new totes here below.

And to be quite honest, that's one of the things I love about what I do and why no fair is ever a dud fair.


4 comments:

WandaFish said...

Oh, what a shame! I got dragged to Tropical World - I now know where I'd rather have been!!

Fallon said...

Its so inviting! Would have grabbed my attention for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooo that was me!! I've had complements already on your (now my) lovely tote, lovely to meet you too, sorry if I was a bit spaced out after my massage, Gaynor xxx

Nicky said...

Gaynor sounds like the ideal customer and I think I would be just as excited about your totes!