Take one, make one...
This has rapidly become one of our favourite treats of late. If we want to take a plate of something sweet somewhere this delicious, fail safe, Nigella Rocky Road recipe is what we go for everytime.
The list of ingredients is manageable. Most of which we normally have in. No cooking is required, just a couple of hours refrigerating time.
And a little piece goes a long way. So if you are making for lots of people, don't worry about it not going far enough as you can cut it into little bite size squares and still feel more than satisfied. It goes without saying that you'll be more than happy to have more than one piece, should you need to help clear the plate!
This little lot when down rather enthusiastically at my sister's party last night.
And here's the recipe below if you want to make your own little plateful to take to family or friends.
125g soft unsalted butter
300g best quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
3tbs golden syrup
200g rich tea biscuits
100g mini marshmallows
2tsp icing sugar to dust
1. Heat butter, chocolate and syrup in a heavy-based saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove from heat, scoop about 125ml of the melted mixture and set aside in a bowl.
2. Place the biscuits into a plastic freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin until some have turned to crumbs but there are still pieces of biscuit remaining.
3. Fold biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate in the saucepan, then add the marshmallows.
4. Tip mixture into a 24cm square baking tin and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
5. Pour over the reserved chocolate mixture and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
6. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
7. To serve, cut into bite size pieces and dust with icing sugar.