Wednesday 23 December 2009

It's my Mummy's birthday today, so the kids and I are just about to pop over and go and take her cards and presents. Unfortunately this present I ordered hasn't arrived in time. It's my own fault. I can't expect miracle postal delivery at this time of year. So last night whipped up this tea towel for her, so I wouldn't be going empty handed. I know it looks a bit raggedy. It's a linen mix and embroidering it creased it all up. And our iron is broken!


I need to give full and entire credit to the inspiration coming from Sam of Inklore. Sam is incredibly talented and produces the most beautiful screenprinted designs on her textile work. I've been a fan forever. Go check her out if you don't know Sam already.


One of my daughterly duties is to buy my Dad's card for her. He's disabled and can't get out on his own, so I always get one for him. Normally I get an overly slushy 'To my wonderful wife, I love you' kind of card, but when the kids and I were in town earlier this week I found this card and could not resist. You'd need to know my Mum and Dad to know how utterly appropriate this is!


Happy Birthday Mum! Wishing you a very special day for a very special Mum. (Managed the gush after all ;-))



3 comments:

Kristy said...

I think that card applies to most women ;) Hope she had a lovely day.

Pomona said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Pomona x

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Happy birthday to your mum and Merry christmas to you all!
Enjoy the snow, my sister says it's snowing in Ilkley! We've got rain :( 4 nasty days of it now...